Sunday, May 9, 2010

In Under 5 Minutes


I love hot yoga. Nothing makes you feel better than an hour and a half of stretching, bending, twisting, and contorting yourself into seemingly unnatural-pretzel like shapes in a 111 degree room. It can make bad day seem insignificant, a good day seem better and easily detox the excess sugar from too much cookie dough (Me, eat too much cookie dough?? Never.) The only downfall is that I don’t make it to as many classes as I would like. The schedule tends to interfere with my classes and my dinnertime. Most of the classes are 5:30 to 6:30 or 7 and by the time I get home I'm cold, ready for a shower, and starving. On a night like this there is no overlooking the value of a meal that can come together in under 5 minutes. Especially a warm, healthy one like this. Feel free to increase the vegetables and leave out the pasta for less carbs. Spinach would also make a great addition here.
Parmesan Butter Bean Bow-Ties
It helped that I already had cooked pasta in my fridge but even if you have to boil some this still comes together in no time. Serves 1

½-¾ cup cooked butter beans
1 cup cooked whole wheat bow-tie pasta
½ cup frozen green peas
1 cup broccoli (I used frozen)
½ cup chicken stock (I used homemade)
A pinch of red pepper flakes
A pinch of dried rosemary

Parmesan cheese to taste (grated coarsely)
Salt and pepper to taste

Ready? This is really complicated. Put everything except the parmesan, salt and pepper in a pot. Cooked until heated through and most of the broth is absorbed. Add salt and pepper to taste, pour into a bowl and garnish with a generous amount of coarsely grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy with a piece of fresh crusty bread.

1 comment:

  1. I love your dishes - they are so clean, simple and delicious looking. This is an awesome summer pasta dish - filling, but not heavy.

    ReplyDelete

Live Activity Feed